Yeah. So this whole make a post saying I’m having a bad day and disappearing for months on end thing? Not a good look. Have to quit doing that.
Been laying low and attempting, unsuccessfully, to relax and interact with the world in a less pressurized way. It hasn’t really worked–the pressure is on more than ever–but it has made me realize a few important things in the first few weeks of the new year. I love to study and will probably wind up teaching sooner or later. I need a better job. I need to move, both in the short and long term. And I really need to make more youtube videos–positive ones. Speaking of youtube though, I appreciate all the kind messages sent by you guys after my last one…thank you for your kindness and concern. I’m fine. Hanging in there. Trying to, anyway.
There are lots of things percolating in my head as usual, about things like human kindness, human arrogance, and the perils of growing old alone intentionally. However, today I just want to do something light and get out of my blogging slump.
See what it is after the jump…
I have a crafty blog for my etsy shop and through that, I’ve started following a few excellent craft and home bloggers. I really love those sorts of blogs–it’s nice to see people focusing on beautiful and lovingly crafted things in everyday life. One of those bloggers is AyanaRed, another is Elisabeth. (Both of these ladies have excellent, beautifully done blogs about crafting and crafters and life and I suggest you check them out. ) While catching up on my Google Reader feeds, I noticed that a while ago, these two both participated in a getting to know you tag/question meme…and Ayana ended hers with a global tag! Well, don’t mind if I do…
There’s a lot of rules and such that are a)irrelevant by now because I never really was playing the game and b)I’m not going to do because some of them aren’t really feasible(do I actually know 11 other bloggers to tag?). What I’m going to do is answer the questions. All of them. Here goes…
1. What’s your favorite food. Anything spicy, ethnic, rich but NOT creamy.
2. What’s your favorite season. Summer
3. How old are you? 30
4. What genre of music do you like? I like singers and I like songs. I know that sounds vague, but think about it…it gives you a pretty good idea of what I listen to. I’ve got a soft spot for hip hop too, which reminds me…today’s blog title comes from;
5. How often do you eat out? Very rarely–maybe once a month, and only if I’m invited out.
6. What’s your favorite color? Purple.
7. What kind of vehicle do you drive (brand/color)? My size 6 brown boot-covered feet.
8. Do you do any type of craft? Yep, I crochet a lot. I’m learning to knit and embroider, and I used to paint and decorate, but I don’t really have enough time or resources to do as much as I like. Although–does cooking count? I love to cook, I’m very good at it. Also I want to learn to sew, but that’s one more thing that will have to wait.
9. What’s your favorite dish to cook? I make a mean pot of black-eyed peas and rice. I don’t know if it’s my favorite, but it’s what I’ve been enjoying lately.
10. If you had to choose one word to describe yourself, what word would that be? Living. Once again, sounds vague, but think about it…
1. What country do you live in? I live in England, aka Old Blighty. But I’m not from England.
2. If you were given an all-expense paid vacation to anywhere in the world for 1 week, where would you like to go? I’d take a whirlwind tour of Southeast Asia.
3. Have you traveled internationally before? If so, where have you been? I have! I live internationally, to begin with, so I’ve been all over England and Wales. I’ve also been backpacking through the Baltics and some of Western Europe. I’ve been to Canada and Mexico of course, and at last count I’ve been to something like 45 of 50 US states as well.
4. If you had to choose another occupation besides the one your currently do, what would it be? I would teach English as a second language.
5. What is your favorite dessert? Cake–good, rich, moist yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
6. Do you speak or write in more than one language? Please tell us. Yep. I speak English fluently(or so they tell me), French well, and can get by in Spanish and German if I absolutely have to…as in, where is the beer? Where are the bathrooms? Sir, why are you waving that gun around? Run! I’m also learning Korean(which I’ve spoken about briefly here) and can proudly read and write in hangul. Although, it’s messing up my English spelling and grammar so I’ve had to chill out a bit as I want to pass my MA program.
7. Do you like movies with subtitles? I do–I like world film and since I don’t have the time or money to learn all the languages in the world, subtitles it is.
8. What is your favorite sport to play or to watch? I like world sports–so anything Olympic, World Cup, International. Not so big into local sports at all.
9. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I’d be better at picking people to have in my life.
10. What was your favorite childhood game? I really like the board game Life for some reason.
11. Are your ears pierced? Yep. Multiple times in strange places.
One final cross-promotional note; my etsy shop is having a sale, check it out HERE